Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I've Been Discovered

My heartfelt thanks go to Bobby Griffin for posting of this site as the 'Bestest Blog of the Day' at the innovative Bestest Blog. It is quite an honor and having used his famous site myself I know I'm in good company.




A special thanks, also, goes to Miss Mimi of Mimi Writes ( a wonderful Blog in it's own right) for penning (is that still applicable) the generous review, shamelessly duplicated below -

...by Mimi from "Mimi Writes"

A smorgasbord of non-classic art, sports, quirky statistics and rambling Biblical prose, WebGamin –today’s Bestest Blog of the Day pick – is not all about games. “I aimlessly roam the streets of the World Wild Web. Perhaps here is a chance to rest my head.” Virtual world or real world, the author (dubbed The Gamin) is a self-proclaimed Minnesota Vikings fan, photography buff and blues lover. Among other things.

But perhaps he’s best known for the Sandstone County series written and prefaced as Sandstone County Sheriffs Department - To Serve, To Protect, To Get Rid of All Dirtbag Criminals by 2026. Doled out in short and witty episodes, The Gamin just posted number forty-two. Here’s a hilarious snippet.

WebGamin is a bit of old-school philosophy with overtones of The Godfather where mafia members mysteriously morph into cowboys; at least that’s what it feels like. Don’t mind me. I’m just wandering aimlessly through the streets of The Wild Wild West......er....I mean Sandstone County waiting for the next criminal to make me laugh.

You'll find a large slice of life in this blog, ranging from political news commentary to Amazing Paper Art to Dust Art. The pictures are truly unique. You won't believe what this guy can do with a bunch of dirt. Dust art? Of course! What else would you expect in Sandstone County?

WebGamin
is worth a look and a read. Hop on over there and tell the sheriff that Miss Mimi and Bestest Blog sent you! There are some interesting characters just waiting to welcome you to their wild virtual world. posted by Bobby Griffin @ 12:10 AM

Again, thanks for showcasing The Gamin, as I work very hard at trying to entertain anyone who peeks around the corner into my world. I must, however, explain my blog title a little better. Miss Mimi writes, "–today’s Bestest Blog of the Day pick – is not all about games." I think she (and probably many others) have misunderstood, as The Web Gamin is not about games. The meaning of Gamin is "an often homeless boy who roams about the streets; an urchin." I chose this moniker because, like others, I meander around the web and this blog originated as a showcase for the interesting discoveries I find in these journies as well as the interesting things I come upon in the real world. With that being said, this site has morfed into something somewhat different over time. I am sure it will continue to evolve.

Welcome to any new visitors sent my way. Please stay with me on my travels as I have some interesting improvements planned for the future.

If anyone feels the need to pat me on my virtual back please use the comment section.

1 comment:

Jules said...

HA! Fun story! Congrats on being the Bestest!