Thursday, October 19, 2006

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT

WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT TO TURN ON THE TV AND HEAR ANY US PRESIDENT, DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN GAVE THE FOLLOWING SPEECH?

My Fellow Americans: As you all know, the defeat of Iraq Regime has been completed.

Since congress does not want to spend any more money on this war, our mission in Iraq is complete.

This morning I gave the order for a complete removal of all American forces from Iraq. This action will be complete within 30 days. It is now to begin the reckoning.

Before me, I have two lists. One list contains the names of countries which have stood by our side during the Iraq conflict. This list is short. The United Kingdom, Spain, Bulgaria, Australia, and Poland are some of the countries listed there.

The other list contains everyone not on the first list. Most of the world's nations are on that list. My press secretary will be distributing copies of both lists later this evening.

Let me start by saying that effective immediately, foreign aid to those nations on List 2 ceases immediately and indefinitely. The money saved during the first year alone will pretty much pay for the costs of the Iraqi war.

The American people are no longer going to pour money into third world Hell-holes and watch those government leaders grow fat on corruption.

Need help with a famine? Wrestling with an epidemic? Call France.

In the future, together with Congress, I will work to redirect this money toward solving the vexing social problems we still have at home. On that note, a word to terrorist organizations. Screw with us and we will hunt you down and eliminate you and all your friends from the face of the earth.

Thirsting for a gutsy country to terrorize? Try France, or maybe China.

I am ordering the immediate severing of diplomatic relations with France, Germany, and Russia. Thanks for all your help, comrades. We are retiring from NATO as well. Bon chance, mes amis.

I have instructed the Mayor of New York City to begin towing the many UN diplomatic vehicles located in Manhattan with more than two unpaid parking tickets to sites where those vehicles will be stripped, shredded and crushed. I don't care about whatever treaty pertains to this. You creeps have tens of thousands of unpaid tickets. Pay those tickets tomorrow or watch your precious Benzes, Beamers and limos be turned over to some of the finest chop shops in the world. I love New York.

A special note to our neighbors. Canada is on List 2 Since we are likely to be seeing a lot more of each other, you folks might want to try not pissing us off for a change.

Mexico is also on List 2. President Fox and his entire corrupt government really need an attitude adjustment. I will have a couple extra tank and infantry divisions sitting around. Guess where I am going to put em? Yep, border security. So start doing something with your oil.

Oh, by the way, the United States is abrogating the NAFTA treaty - starting now.

We are tired of the one-way highway. Immediately, we'll be drilling for oil in Alaska - which will take care of this country's oil needs for decades to come.

If you're an environmentalist who opposes this decision, I refer you to List 2 above: pick a country and move there. They care.

It is time for America to focus on its own welfare and its own citizens. Some will accuse us of isolationism. I answer them by saying, "darn tootin." Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet. It is time to eliminate hunger in America. It is time to eliminate homelessness in America. It is time to eliminate World Cup Soccer from America. To the nations on List 1, a final thought. Thanks guys. We owe you and we won't forget. To the nations on List 2, a final thought: You might want to learn to speak Arabic. God bless America. Thank you and good night. If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

sent to me by a friend
my sentiments exactly

16 comments:

eddyquette said...

Well, I'm sorry I pimped your Sandstone County joke thing on my blog now... Your humour is fun, however, I find your political views to be exactly what us horrible "old" Europeans expect from you "Yanks"; brash, blinkered and depressingly one-sided. Ouch! BTW, maybe political isolationism mightn't be a bad idea. After all, it worked just fine for your nation before - or did it really? All the best, mon ami

The Gamin said...

I am quite sorry that I offended you. I am usually an easy going, fun loving guy which is probably evident in my humorous posts. For a long while I debated the inclusion of politics in my blog. There are definate advantages to leaving the politics out. Hell, it wasn't long ago that I had NO interest in politics.

Alas, the current events of the world are 'in your face' today and I've decided that "if you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything" and felt maybe even my small voice should be heard. Again, " Nearly a century of trying to help folks live a decent life around the world has only earned us the undying enmity of just about everyone on the planet." I am tired of the world opinion of my great nation. We are the first to help another country in it's time of need and are constantly bashed and accused of 'exerting' our power. If we stay out of things we are bombarded with negative comments - if we get involved we are bombarded with negative comments. Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't! So, what do Europeans expect from Yanks? We are obligated to help out in times of need but, otherwise cursed for throwing our weight around. I say let the world straighten itself out.

HighPower said...

It will never happen but wouldn't be fun just to see if it did....

The Gamin said...

Urghh

eddyquette said...

Dear WebGamin, thank you very much for your very friendly and non-aggressive response. In return, I would like to ask forgiveness if my reaction was somewhat harsh and fuelled by on-going discussions led in other situations and with other, somewhat more narrow-minded people. Though unwillingly, I have to admit you have a definite point regarding the expectations the world (and Europe in particular) seem to have of the United States. We have been very critical, and I could see how that would generate frustration. It is not for me to apologise for an entire continent's behaviour, but I think I would if I could. I would also hate to think that you might believe me to be a stereotypical "anti-American" German. I'm not - my fellow blog-contributor and very good friend kneecaps is American and I have many dear accquaintances from your side of the Atlantic. Dear me! This is becoming way too long for a blog comment. Sorry! Anyway, I hope we might be able to avoid hard feelings here and I look forward to reading more of your lucid and very fun writing. Cheerio!

Tony Rodriguez said...

Im really sorry to read that kind of things on your blog. I read you for a while, but now Im not seeing you just like a funny guy, you seems to be a radical one, Maybe is good for you and good look with it.

The Gamin said...

eddyquette- no harm, no foul. This political commentary can be dangerous stuff. I will try to keep this comment stuff short, as you alluded to. I too would like to avoid futher hard feelings. You seem to be a great guy and I've enjoyed your blog, also. What a crazy world we live in huh?

As for you American friend (kneecaps), that is an interesting moniker and one begs to ask how it was derived.

The Gamin said...

As for Mr. Rodriquez, what can I say? I am sorry you see me as a radical. With the state of the world today one becomes quite defensive. What would you have me do? Have no opinions?

The Gamin said...

Ah, not fair, Mr. Rodriquez. I just took a quick tour of your blog. It does not apperar to be totally free of politics. Tsk, tsk. I guess if the opinions are not YOURS then they are radical.

eddyquette said...

Dear Gamin, thanks again for your wise words. As for my friend's, er, unusual name, I fear there to be nothing even remotely wise-guy-esque, let alone dramatically IRA-related about the moniker. Much as I would love to claim something danger-filled and exotic, it was simply the first thing my wonderful wife noticed about him upon their first meeting. She, being almost petite, was entranced by the size and shape of my six-foot-something friend's patellae, protruding as they were from short khaki pants as we sat together on low sofa couches at a house group meeting in downtown Heidelberg. With my friend having fulfilled the American-in-Europe stereotype of wearing somewhat short legwear, my better half was quick to fulfill her side of steretotypical German protocol (being blunt and up-front, stating the obvious without qualm) by pointing out my friend's, well, prowess of physiognomy to him over coffee later that same evening. Bashful, polite gentleman of Nordic ancestry that he is, he took the comment in good humour and has retained both the memory and the rather iconic "label" ever since. So, sorry if that wasn't very exciting (and a looong blog comment), but you did ask and I could not seem to find an e-mail link to you. Grazi

The Gamin said...

I see you know where I was going with the 'kneecaps' thing. While no wiseguy was involved the explanation was still interesting and fun. I, too, am tall but I avoid the short pants.

eddyquette said...

I would have LOVED to claim my buddy was an ex-provo... (Going by your evident expertise in many things criminal and organised, I trust you're familiar with Irish jargon also) BTW, I love the "Consigliere" blog idea, but how does one apply for your most cherished counsel? Need one be a "friend of a friend"?

The Gamin said...

Alas, I am in the begining stages of the 'Consigliere' blog. I still have to work out some of the finer details. It may take a while. With my crazy schedule I may have bit off more than I can chew. At any rate I plan on fine tuning it before I open up shop for business.

eddyquette said...

Va bene, we will wait... but we won't forget...

The Gamin said...

mi raccomando !

Good Living Homes said...

I wanted to reply to the first comment of eddyquette, with some smart-allecked retorts. I am EXTREMELY American, hot-headed, and quick to defend my political beliefs. However, reading on, I have learned that "eddy" seems to be an educated and more level-headed fellow than most that reply to political posts. I will then hold my tongue in light of the second first impression I got.
I run a somewhat politically based site ( www.andersonnation.name ) and do invite freindly political debate and input from all.