Thursday, August 17, 2006

Juneau County Rodeo

Good Times!


My wife and I attended the Juneau County Rodeo in Mauston, Wisconsin yesterday the 16th. She participated in rodeo events as a child and I had never even been to a rodeo. I have seen competitions on ESPN and really got into it. I decided it was time I saw one in person, so we drove down to Mauston to check it out.

It was a great time and we are both glad we took the five hour drive to see the Three Hills P.R.C.A. Rodeo. The events and the competitors were awesome. Beside the professional competitions, there were events for the local children that were really fun. These future cowboys rode sheep as well as the big boys rode their horses and steers. There were the typical rodeo clowns interjecting humor into the festivities. While the clowns were generally funny, sometimes the jokes got a little too corny for my tastes.

My only regret is the late hour in which the event was held. It made almost impossible to take a decent photo. I am certain a pro with fast glass, more experience, and greater access would do alright. With my restricted access and limited equipment it just wasn't going to happen. Still it was very, worthwhile attending and I'm scouting for more rodeo events in the future. Perhaps there will be better photo opportunities. Actually, there has to be better photo opportunities.


We'll see ya all at the next rodeo,
OK pardners.

If you would like to purchase any photos go to Printroom and look under Galleries

No comments: