Saturday, August 05, 2006

Air and Car Show Extravaganza



Today's Air and Car Show Extravaganza at the Cloquet Airport and Dunlap Island was a fun time for all. I am sorry that I missed the air show but, the car show on Dunlap Island was a blast. Besides gazing at the usual beauties there was a hot rod burnout, an audio exhaust competition and a flame throwing contest.

Although, the competitions were quite fun, I must state, that none of the cars had near the burnout capability or fine sound that my old '72 SS Camaro had back in the day. That is, until a non-contestant pulled up behind the bleachers and gave the sweetest exhaust symphony ever. No actual contestant even came close to the glorious sounds expelled by this rogue driver and his ride.

The flame throwing contest was a bit better. My old Camaro couldn't begin to throw out some of the massive flames that some of these cars did. It should be noted that these autos all used specialized equipment designed specifically for the task. We didn't do this back in the glory days.

As I said, however, it was a great time and I can't wait until the next event. Perhaps I will start looking for an ol' Camaro. Anyone seen any decent pre-80's 'maros' lately?

No comments: