Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Corel Acquires Intervideo and, Indirectly, Ulead

I'd seen the recent news reports of Corel's acquisition of Intervideo, but until I read Foster Coburn's blog post about it, I hadn't realized that Intervideo was the owner of Ulead Systems. That makes Corel the new owner of Ulead PhotoImpact and Ulead's other software which includes video editing, DVD authoring, digital scrapbooking, and other digital media titles. As Foster notes, Corel is now the owner of five different photo editing titles. It will be interesting to see what they do with the Ulead product line. I think many of PhotoImpact's easy-to-use photo editing tools and effects would be a great fit with Corel's brand-new Snapfire product.

1 comment:

The Gamin said...

You can't go wrong with Corel. I've about tried them all.