Sunday, September 10, 2006

Build-A-Bear

My oldest granddaughter emailed this to me the other day. I waited to post it until I had more information. This was created at a booth at the state fair. It seems the children first choose which toy they want to create from about thirty (30) different animals. They then chose the sound they want the animal to make (pre-made or self-recorded) when hugged and place the corresponding apparatus inside. It then comes time to stuff the animal but, they first warm the heart in their hands before placing it inside. Next the animal is stitched up, they give it a name (she named her Kitty 'Princess') and then take it home.

It seems to be an interesting and fun project for kids. I know my granddaughter enjoyed the process and is very proud of her creation.


and here she is on her birthday


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Build-A-Bear is such a cute store, i think its such a fun place for kids and i am not just bias since i work for them, LOL. Anyway, Build-A-Bear is hosting auditions for kids between the ages of 8-12 to star in an upcoming movie based on Phyllis Reynolds Naylor's "Alice" book series. Just thought i would let you know in case you wanted to let your grandchild enter.

http://www.buildabear.com/lp/alice/?sc_cid=alice

The Gamin said...

Build-A-Bear is a genius idea that puts a smile on many a childs face I am sure.
Ah, this movie sounds great but, my granddaughter just turned seven (7). No exceptions I'll bet.

Unknown said...

Oh she just missed the cutoff. Yes I would bet they are pretty strict on the age limit. Too bad, if you know any kids in the right age range, tell them, i think its a great opportunity. Again, i enjoyed reading your blog. Have a nice day!

The Gamin said...

I will pass this info on, Ashley.