Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Iraq War Hits Home

The other day I heard rumors of my cousin's incident in Iraq. These rumors took many forms and variations, as they often do. Well, hear it is in print, so I guess it's official. My uncle, I am told, was extremely upset and worried about this, which is understandable, until he had a chance to talk to Brian on the phone. He became much calmer after Brian assured him that he was alright and actually concidered himself lucky. Brian felt this way because he was alive and some of his brothers-in-arms did not fair so well.

It's hard to find the words at times like these. How can one properly express their gratitude for couragous soldiers who literally give up life and limb for their country. I, for one, am not that skilled. All I can clumsily say is thank you Brian and thank you to all you other men and women who have served, who are serving, and who will be serving in the honor of our great country. It would be hard to find a greater deed. All will be in my prayers.

No comments: