Saturday, May 26, 2007

My Dub Shirts Arrived


My Sgt. Dub shirts arrived Thursday! I was off to work when they came in and didn't have time to post this until now. Wow, was that service fast. We ordered them last Monday making it only a four day wait, from start to finish. And that's with normal shipping through the U.S. Postal Service. I was kind of bumming because I felt I ordered them too late. I wanted badly to sport them on Memorial Day, you see. Looks like I'll be showing them off on the holiday after all.

For those that don't know, these shirts were ordered from Sgt. Dub. I've written about him before, albeit briefly, and even have a favorite link to his site on my sidebar. He is a great man with a great blog. If you haven't checked his site out it's a must do. His blog has daily postings about his tour in Afghanistan. His second tour that is! It is a well written and very personable blog. You can tell, in short order, that you would like this man had you the fortune enough to meet him on the street.

This purchase was simply one tiny way of showing my support and admiration for his patriotic sacrifices. The saying on the shirt struck me as very clever. And how true. I can't praise the good Sgt. and his family enough. I can't give enough praise to all who sacrifice for our country.

Also, if anyone is wondering why two shirts were ordered the reasoning is quit simple. When my wife saw what I wanted to order she, too, had to have one. Now we are both ready for the big holiday.

Lastly, I mentioned everyone should check out his blog but, failed to mention you should hurry. He is now a short-timer with under a month to go! I do think I read, somewhere on his site, that he was going to continue blogging when he got stateside, though I can't be sure. I truly hope so.

Stay safe Sarge. You're almost there.

No comments: