Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sad, Sad Day

It was a very, sad day for me yesterday. We lost a very, special and trusted member of the family. She was a beauty. She never let us down. She never turned on us. She was always there when we needed her. I always cared very, much for her and life without her will truly be excruciatingly difficult. Life can be so crazy and understanding it's complexity can be mind boggling. Her demise was slow and difficult to watch! Things one day appear normal and then suddenly something changes.


Alas, she started giving me problems recently. For a while now she hasn't been acting as she should. She wasn't acting like her old self (or perhaps she was) and behaved very, erratically. She was becoming bizarre, actually. I almost felt like she intentionally turned on me and the rest of the family. Yes, family and friends have, also, enjoyed her over the years. Eventually, after a period of much abnormal behavior she finally died on me. Perhaps it's true that good things never last! At any rate, the end was inevitable and after she exhaled her final breath we had to bury her. The cycle of life, I guess.




I had to bury her (at the landfill) with a great tear in my eye. Yup, it was my trusty DeWalt garage fridge. Now, about a replacement . . .

No comments: