Thursday, April 05, 2007

My NEW Wider Lens


I received my new lens this afternoon. This lens will give me the much needed lower focal lengths, I have been looking for. I have had nothing at the shorter length since I replaced my non-digital equipment. This was especially important because my camera today has an ASP-C sensor. Sure, it might not be the 'best' lens but, it will get me in the lower end today and perhaps I can find something faster in the future. In the future I will even go wider and I can worry about speed and other factors then. In the mean time this fills a gap and I will put it to good use.

Konica Minolta AF DT Zoom 18-70mm lens : As the new standard for digital SLR cameras, DT lenses are ideally suited to digital SLR cameras such as the Konica Minolta Dynax 7D and Dynax 5D that are equipped with APS-C sized (23.5x15.7mm) CCD’s. The Konica Minolta AF DT Zoom 18-70mm lens will be available in September 2005. The Konica Minolta Dynax 5D uses an optical system ideally suited to a APS-C sized (23.5 x 15.7 mm) CCD, in addition to spherical lenses to reduce spherical aberrations, AD (anomalous dispersion) glass, and a special lens coating that reduces flare that can occur in digital SLR cameras. Effective Anti-Shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed 2 - 3 stops slower with Dynax digital SLR camera.
Konica Minolta AF DT Zoom 18-70mm lensKonica Minolta - ADI flash metering
Using information obtained from the lens’ built-in distance encoder, Advanced Distance Integration (ADI) flash metering calculates the optimum exposure settings and flash brightness needed to obtain a beautiful image when using either the internal flash or external flash units such as the Konica Minolta Program Flash 5600HS(D) or 3600HS(D), and 2500(D). A round aperture makes it possible to enhance a defocused image with smooth grada- tions and depict a scene naturally, for example, sunshine filtering through foliage or grass glistening with morning dew.

Konica Minolta AF DT Zoom 18-70mm specifications
- Focal length: 18-70mm
- Angle of view: 76° (18mm) - 23° (70mm)
- Aperture: Maximum: f/3.5(18mm) - 5.6 (70mm) Minimum: f/22(18mm)-36(70mm)
- Blades: 7-blade circular
- Optics: Construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- Includes one AD (anomalous dispersion) glass elements and one Aspheric element.
- Focusing: AF motor: Camera body (coupler)
- Method: Front focusing
- Minimum focus distance: 0.38m
- Maximum magnification: 1/4
- Filter diameter: 55mm
- Lens hood: Petal-type hood with bayonet mount
- Dimensions: 66 (dia.) x 77 (length) mm
- Weight: 240g
- Lens mount: Minolta A mount
- Standard accessories: Front cap, Rear cap, Lens hood
- Optional accessory: Soft case.

No comments: