Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Corel Announces Paint Shop Pro Photo X2

Wow, well I was on hiatus from computing in general and blogging specifically, Corel snuck one in on me! Their newest version is entitled Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2. Could they make the title any longer?

This version offers an 'Express Lab' where one can supposedly edit dozens of photos in the time it used to take to edit just a few, partially because you don't have to wait for each individual photo to open. The new interface has gone dark, which seems to be the current rage in software (at least photo software). An exciting new feature is the ability to create HDR images and I'm looking forward to trying this out. There are now, also, new styles for layering ( whatever this means) and the ability to create visible watermarks. There is a new make up tool called 'Thinify', which just seems silly to me and several other program enhancements.

I can't wait to download the trial version and start putting this new program to the test. Hey, I guess I'll do that now.

No comments: