Friday, March 03, 2006

My Recent Scare

I had a horrific scare this week. My eldest granddaughter was pushed on the playground and suffered a minor concussion. My grandchildren are my life and events like this can almost cause a panic in me. I have heard that concussions can potentially be very dangerous. I received the call while five hours from home. It's times like these which make me regret having employment requiring travel. After receiving the initial phone call, my knees physically hit the floor while I prayed. This has not happened in a long time. I was that concerned.

As far as I can tell, the event was much more serious in my mind than in reality. But, I did not know the degree of injury at the time. I can not wait until I see her again. I have since talked to her and she seemed to be her old, bubbly self. How I love that girl. And I shall continue to pray for her and all my family.

No comments: